Bridarth Academy of sorcery
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fighting Jesse (open to anyone

+2
Razgriz
Admin
6 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Fighting Jesse (open to anyone Empty Fighting Jesse (open to anyone

Post by Admin Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:12 pm

The sparring yard is alive with the sounds of battle. Thunderbolts, fire balls, stone fists, and shards of ice ring out clashing against magic shields, other spells and of course exposed flesh.The spells   have of course been "blunted" so that they do not cause any serious damage when connecting with an opponent but still simulate a real battle experience for those involved. When the noise finally settles down a pair of senior students lie on the ground, with minor burns, and a few sprangs and bruises. Jesse stands across from the pair twirling his wand and looking for a better challenge as he whistles to himself merrily.

Admin
Admin

https://bridarthacademy.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Fighting Jesse (open to anyone Empty Re: Fighting Jesse (open to anyone

Post by Razgriz Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:48 pm

Across the yard Erwin stands with Ymira though the latter seems more interested in watching Jesse train and spar against his opponents than Erwin does. She rectified this by making a tsk sound, Reins head snapped towards where she was looking at. After a few years of their never ending training that soft sound has become synonymous to "pay attention". "Watch how he fights. He's a classic element fighter. Like all of them though they put a large emphasis on their weapon. They're taught to use their wand as the discharge point so if you can separate him from it his attacks should be a little slower and not as clean as he'd like. A well trained mage will see the wand as an extension of themself." Her voice is low so that only Erwin could make out her words but it also contained anticipation for what she's to see. A chunk of ice propelled from just an inch in front of the wand and into the stomach of his first opponent who had been trying to get in close. The second kept to the left in an attempt to avoid the same fate as her friend only to find Jesse's wand pointed at her, one more blast and then it was over.

Ymira nodded at the mages skill. "See how he can rapidly fire like that? Elemantals are known for their combat skills however they do have a weak spot. If you can get your minions to strike at him in a wave you should have an easier time. Use see his wand is like a gun, he can fire in quick succession but he only has one of them. If you strike from the back and your minions from the front, one of you will hit him. Now I've given you enough advise. Go out and show me what you can do."

Erwin paused for a moment before nodding and walking out towards him. She's never encouraged sparring with the other students before. "Hey, you looking for a new sparring partner?"
Razgriz
Razgriz

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:56 pm

"Wouldn't be opposed to one" the rugged looking young western man turns toward Erwin "judging by the way you and your friend was watching me, I'd say you are too." Jesse looks him over appraising and recalling all he .knows about Erwin "I've seen you fight before , you're pretty good Erin." Jesse says with a nod of approval, he didn't know much about Erwin other than he was a good brawler, and his sister was a vampire, something he usually despised. How ever "Yumi" was distant and hadn't done anything to bother him so he made an exception to his rule of despising vampires and merely distrusted them. Finally he spoke up "Melee, magic, or anything goes?" He asks simply

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Razgriz Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:26 pm

"Anything goes. We fight until first blood or until one of us gives up." He takes a deep breath and settles into his usual stance. His left foot in the back and his right in front. He reaches into a pocket inside of his uniform. He retrieves his wand and settles in, ready for the fight to start. The wand he's using is different from any other he's seen. It's made of metal with crimson runes covering its surface. Erwin can feel the power gathering inside of him, because of his difficulty controlling his powers he has limiters on his wrists. He closes his eyes and exhales. "I'll have to fight people like you once I leave this place. People like you ruined my life. People like you will try to end mine." He thinks as images of masked men preparing to attack run through his mind.

"Fight!" Ymiras voice was like a rifle shot in the silence. Erwins eyes snapped open and he darted forward as he moved he snapped off short commands. Wolf, hawk, cougar as he speaks these commands red energy pings off to where these creatures appear. A wolf to his right, cougar to his left and a hawk above him. He stops short as the three animals converge on his target. While they are running towards him he takes the time to summon something stronger, something that will take a few moments of continued energy to bring into existence.
Razgriz
Razgriz

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:19 pm

Jesse calmly smiles it's obvious they've been watching him spar and formulating a plan to beat him. "Let's shake this plan up" he thinks to himself as he summons an identical trio of animals to defend himself and aims a basic thunder bolt at the summoner. To Jesse this fight is not about winning it's about learning his opponent, he notices his opponent is not a controlled person, the guy's got anger thick in his soul. He notices the wristbands on his opponent, and the wand he is wielding... Those are not The tools of a poor exile he thinks to himself though doesn't jump to any conclusions, could have stolen them, or maybe just found them.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Razgriz Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:14 pm

The bolt strikes Erwin just as the creature he's summoned appears. The beast hides Erwin behind it as it forms. It's a hydra, it's scales are as black as coal and its eyes are yellow like a cats. It stamps its front legs onto the ground and let's out an ear splitting roar. Part of Erwins training was to learn how to endure magical and physical pain. For electricity he is to relax his muscles and wait it out. The bolt had still managed to bring him to his knees. He did whisper one more spell through clenched teeth. Two versions of himself bolt out from around the creature while he himself has regained his footing and is preparing one last spell.

The animals that had been fighting in front of Jesse were obliterated by the raging draconic creature. Just as his duplicates and his hydra were about to reach Jesse they vanished. There was no one on the field aside from Jesse. Ymira remained looking on the fight with a stoic expression.
Razgriz
Razgriz

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:29 pm

"Illusion magic" Jesse realizes quickly "perhapps a cloaking spell... no problem" he thinks to himself forming a bubble sheild of ice around himself he cut his arm and began a spell of voodoo that would allow him to see magic and trace it to its source. "Good thing I made friends with Mr Asaryien" he thought the teacher had been the one who taught him how to use voodoo bringing his grade up to a high B

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Razgriz Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:52 pm

A faint red trail floating upon the breeze can be see by Jesse's newly enhanced vision. This momentary pause in combat and the sudden stationary position that his opponent has put himself in was the final nail in the coffin. He whispered a short phrase that caused the runes on his wand to glow brightly. Flames began to dance around the runes as he sprinted towards the ice shield. He waited until the pain in his hand was too much to bear. With as much force as he could he threw the wand like a javelin at the shield. The second it left his hand it became visible just as Jesse had spotted where Erwin was. The moment it left his hand Erwin began running towards the shield once more. The moment the wand touched the shield it detonated into a fireball. The glowing metal wand remained undamaged but the shield did not. It had made just a large enough hole in the wall for Erwin to leap through. He knew he wasn't going to get out of this unscathed, the elemental mage was far too well trained to not get a shot off before his fist connected with Jesse's nose. He knew that as his feet left the ground and his body sailed through the gap in the wall that his opponent was going to use his strongest attack to stop him. "This is gonna hurt like hell. But I'm sure I've dealt with worse." He thinks as he sees the mage bring his wand up in a mad dash to stop him.
Razgriz
Razgriz

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:13 pm

As Erwin closes in on Jesse, Jesse momentarily looks  like he's going to raise his wand. It's only when he gets too close Erwin realizes .his error. Jesse is a man from the harsh western tundra  land of wild vampires and savage tribal fey. Overall Erwin is probably a better fighter but before he realizes Jesse too has been taught some form of melee combat. Jesse has grabbed both of his arms and pulled him nose first into a savage headbutt.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Razgriz Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:39 pm

The bridge of Erwins nose shatters in a spray of crimson. The droplets splash Jesse's face and drip down Erwins chin. Knowing he's lost he stops all resistance at once. The blow itself wasn't what hurt him, what hurt him was the knowledge that he failed. If this man was someone on his uncle's payroll he'd be pushing up daisies right now. An intense urge to tear off his limiters and blast this man to pieces jumps into his head, he squashes it quickly. This student wasn't his enemy, he was simply a better warrior than him."Fuck...alright you win." He pulled himself out of Jesse's grasp and picked up his wand. He glanced at Ymira and sighed as he saw her unreadable expression. To everyone else nothing would be different about her. But after knowing her for four years now he could see the disappointment in her eyes. "Thanks for the match...later." He says off handedly to Jesse as he started walking away.
Razgriz
Razgriz

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:49 pm

Jesse steps in front of him before he can leave and offers him a hand to shake. Though Jess had won it was clear that Erwin was definitely could have beaten him, had he expected Jesse's unique martial arts style "you're a good fighter, better than me." He says simply and you think he's going to leave it at that but he continues "I don't know who you are but I know you're a man with a score to settle" studying him in his fighting style, his strange equipment, and his lack of control had given that much away to Jesse during there fight, then again it takes one to know one. "If you wish to ever fight another bout, or learn about tundra fighting come talk to me"

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Razgriz Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:00 am

Erwin takes the man's hand and shakes it. His voice is solemn but it also holds respect for the tundra fighter. "That fight said otherwise. I may have to take you up on that rematch though. For now though..." He glances back towards Ymira and knows that an extra long training session will be taking place once they get to the forest. "The names Erin O'Donnell by the way. That's my sister Yumi. I noticed you looking at my limiters and my wand. They don't have these out here in the east?" He says sticking to his cover. After four years of telling yourself you're something other than what you actually are, you start to believe it.

Ymira starts walking over to the two boys. "It was a close bout but he definitely still has a lot to learn. Here's to hoping this loss will push him to train harder." she thinks to herself.
Razgriz
Razgriz

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:09 am

"Ain't from the east, I'm from the unsettled tundra back west" Jesse says to Erin with a shrug "woulda got one for myself, but I seem to recall those things costing an arm and a leg" Jesse says in a non accusing tone, though he knows such devices could only be afforded by the wealthy. He looks Ymira for a moment a critical eye scans her she a little too controlled, but nonetheless he offers a hand to shake "good to meet you as well, I go by Jesse"

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Razgriz Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:20 am

"Yumi. That was a good fight, had you figured for one of the nobles of this land." She takes his hand and gives a firm shake before looking at Erin with concern. This isn't part of the act, this is genuine concern for her charge. "He busted you up didn't he? Dad and the rest of the village woulda torn him apart had he done that back on Kulabeck."

With a sigh he pushes her hand away from his broken nose. If there's one thing she's taught him to do since that first meeting with the headmaster it was to lie so convincingly that even she has to believe it. It was a game they played for a long time, to see who could weave the most elaborate lie and make the other believe it. "Yeah...they would've." he says with a small smile before looking back to Jesse with understanding and realization hitting him. "My sister and I come from an island far off the coast...well I do. My sister was born here but we both grew up on a little mining colony called Kulabeck. It's on most new maps. Anyway we made these back home so when we found out that I was a mage and that Yumi was infected we got shipped off here. Yumi was the resident Hunter back home was even thinking of starting up a hunter guild over there before..." He looked up at her and paused seeing the flicker of sadness dance across her face. "Anyway, we came here hoping to maybe find a cure for her condition. The headmaster couldn't help us but allowed us to stay."
Razgriz
Razgriz

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:36 am

(I just lost a five hundred word post, I'm about to rewrite it but I think I might tear up a little

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:03 am

Jesse is not quite convinced by their act but holds his tongue they have a right to their secrets. At yumis statement though he can't help but begin laughing uncontrollably at her statement about him looking noble, Between his thick western accent and his western attire he didn't buy that for a second "you know I appreciate the compliment, but don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining" he laughs a little more then stops for a vampire and a vampire sympathizer they weren't half bad.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Razgriz Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:23 am

They look at each other then back to him in confusion."Uhm I'm not sure why you're laughing. I've never seen someone from the tundra before and I haven't seen any of the local nobility since I was a little girl. Where we're from only the nobility could afford to go to such a place as this. My brother only got in because our dad had done a favour for the headmaster once." She shook her head at him before looking towards the tower where their room is. She let out a sigh and looked at her brother. Erin catche's her look and knows what she's thinking.

"Well we best be getting back to our dorm. Need to bandage and reset my nose before it regrows crooked. It was nice meeting you I guess."
Razgriz
Razgriz

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:37 am

Jesse waves freindlily "alright catch y'all later" he says with a one hundred percent genuine smile he heads back to the library to study a bit more

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jul 22, 2015 3:09 am

(Soooo what's stage two of this story

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Razgriz Wed Jul 22, 2015 3:24 am

(Working on it. Gonna make a different segment for what happens at the dorms. What time do the others usually get on?)
Razgriz
Razgriz

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jul 22, 2015 3:35 am

(It varries some days They don't some days they're on a few times all depends)

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Razgriz Wed Jul 22, 2015 3:41 am

(Well before we go any farther in any of these stories segments we should probably wait for them to catch up. I mean this segment alone is like three thousand or more words.)
Razgriz
Razgriz

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jul 22, 2015 3:48 am

(If you need something to pass the time Irish is always open, we have farm back and I registered a new member today)

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nekoma Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:08 pm

I'll join this RP, 'K?)
Nekoma
Nekoma

http://warrior-cats-descend.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down